Thursday, December 21, 2006

Anti-Jihadist Creed

Earlier this fall, I was thinking about how bloggers, the New Media, and other patriots have taken it upon themselves to confront the menace and false propaganda of radical Islamic jihadists. I then felt compelled to write a statement attempting to capture the purpose, motivations, and defiance of the anti-jihadist movement, as I see it. I wanted to share it with you all because I thought many of you may share the sentiment....
==================================================

Anti-Jihadist Creed

I am a citizen-soldier in a new war
Here to defend my land, my people, my heart, my mind, my faith, my civilization.
I am a defender of Truth –
At times, before men;
At times, in secret struggle
Allied with a coalition of the willing.

I am a revolutionary engaged in an information war –
A counter-propagandist, counter-jihadist, et contra tyrannum.
I will not be deceived;
I will not bow down to oppression
Or be bested by those who hate freedom.

I will not be subjugated by the enemy,
For I will not submit.
Dhimmitude is not my future.
I will not renounce my faith nor yield my culture to the evil ones,
But I will fight them in its defense
Until they are defeated.

I will use my intellect to defeat falsehood and disrupt the enemy,
Remaining vigilant in the face of subterfuge.
I will not be part of a culture of death,
But will fight for life and liberty.
For I am a warrior against Evil
Charged to spread Truth until the end of days
Aspiring to the glorious hope that awaits
When good will prevail.

My fate is thus entrusted to a Faith held dear,
By which I gather strength
For, in the end, should harm or martyrdom befall me --
I will not desert the cause.
I will fight the good fight
And look to the path of those who have gone before.

=================================================
A column that I happened upon just today entitled "The Rise of the Anti-Jihadists" highlights exactly what I am talking about.

The often derided pajamahadeen and basement blogger has managed to not only become a growing, and increasingly powerful, force upon the political scene but upon the educational and information realms as well.... The Internet has given the power to anyone with a computer to partake in the War on Terror.

Read the whole thing. (Kudos to my colleagues at Gates of Vienna and the Northeast Intelligence Network for getting a mention in the piece!)

[Thanks to PajamasMedia for the link!]

3 comments:

james said...

I have placed the creed at my site and made sure to give you the credit as well as putting a link to your site.

This was great

Ronald Barbour said...

Posted at THE FREEDOM FIGHTER'S JOURNAL as well!

Long live The Republic, Death to all Tyrants!

Sonny said...

Very good creed. I put it on my site and posted a link to your site and gave your site credit for the creed. Thanks again. My site is at www.jihadspin.com